ISMI's 20th Anniversary Celebration
Support ISMI and the study of modern Israel at Emory by donating today
About Modern Israel
ISMI Featured Docments:
This document was secured at the Central Zionist Archives in Jerusalem. Five months before Hitler invaded Poland, Arab leaders with an interest in Palestine are starkly disappointed that the the German government did not go to war against the Zionists in Palestine. The same leaders give the Zionist national builders high marks for their perseverance against terrorist bands in the Palestinian countryside. They worry that unless Arab states come to the Palestinians’ assistance, Palestine will be lost to the Zionists. A remarkable assessment for Palestinian Arab leaders and their supporters.
Click here for Camp David primary sources
Surveys and Polls
- Israel Democracy Institute-Guttman Center for Peace: Monthly Peace Index Surveys August 2018
- Israel Democracy Institute-Guttman Center for Peace: Monthly Peace Index Surveys July 2018
- Israel Democracy Institute-Guttman Center for Peace: Monthly Peace Index Surveys June 2018
- Pew Research Center, “Republicans and Democrats Grow Even Further Apart in Views of Israel, Palestinians," January 2018
Program & Events
- November 9-11, 2018 -- ISMI@20, Anniversary Celebration, Atlanta, GA
- November 9, 2018 -- Professor Asher Susser, "Consequences for Middle Eastern States Since the Arab Spring," 12:00pm, Emory University, Anthropology 303, Atlanta, GA
- October 23, 2018 -- Rich Walter, "The Art of Israel Advocacy: Encountering and Responding to BDS," Congregation Etz Chaim, Marietta, GA
- October 21, 2018 -- Ken Stein, "Owning Israel's Story: Self-determination Through the Sources," Jewish Agency for Israel, Jerusalem, Israel
- October 14, 2018 -- Rich Walter "Israel @ 70: Celebrating Moments and Individuals," 3PM, Congregation Shearith Israel, Atlanta, GA
About the Institute
- Founded in 1998, we are the OLDEST permanent Israel academic center in the United States.
ISMI has supported 14 Israel Visiting Scholars who have taught 700 students in 40 courses.
ISMI offers enriching internships to a select few Emory students every semester
- ISMI conducts Israel education workshops for teachers across the country