About Modern Israel
Program & Events
- June 25-29, 2017, The 16th annual CIE/ISMI Workshop for pre-collegiate teachers. "History, Culture and Politics of Modern Israel" Atlanta, GA
- September 9, 2016 -- Eli Sperling, "The Well Musical Service for Young Professionals," Friday, 8:00pm, The Temple, 1589 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta
- September 4, 2016 -- Ken Stein, "Sectarianism and the Changing Middle East: Implications for the US and Allies in the Next Administration" & "Learning, Owning, and Telling Israel’s Story: Why Polarizing Our Communities Over Matters That Pertain to Israel Matter," Limmud Atlanta/SE, Clayton, GA
- September 4, 2016 -- Eli Sperling, "Understanding Hebrew Culture in Pre-StatePalestine through Music" & "The Evolving Concept of the “New Jew:” Tracing Israeli Culture from its Origins until Today," Limmud Atlanta/SE, Clayton, GA
What We Do at ISMI
- Founded in 1998, we are the OLDEST permanent Israel academic center in the United States.
ISMI has supported twelve Israel Visiting Scholars who have taught 600 students in 35 courses.
ISMI offers enriching internships to a select few Emory students every semester
- ISMI conducts Israel education workshops for teachers across the country
Support ISMI and the study of modern Israel at Emory: