Support ISMI and the study of modern Israel at Emory:
About Modern Israel
Program & Events
- June 25-29, 2017, The 16th annual CIE/ISMI Workshop for pre-collegiate teachers. "History, Culture and Politics of Modern Israel" Atlanta, GA
- March 14, 2017 -- Ken Stein, "Rabbinic Israel Enrichment Seminar," Board of Rabbis of Northern California
- March 1, 2017 -- Ken Stein, “Campus Solutions: Strategies and engaging with peers and professors on Israel,” Wednesday, Temple Beth Tikvah, 9955 Colemand Road, Roswell, GA
- February 26, 2017 –- Ken Stein, “The June 1967 War: How the War Changed Israeli, Jewish, and Middle Eastern History,” Sunday, 9:15am, Congregation Or Hadash, 7460 Trowbridge Road, Sandy Springs, GA
- February 23, 2017 –- Ken Stein, “Arab-Israeli Negotiations: Can the successes of the 1970s be repeated again?” Thursday, 7:00pm, Whittier College, Whittier, CA
What We Do at ISMI
- Founded in 1998, we are the OLDEST permanent Israel academic center in the United States.
ISMI has supported twelve Israel Visiting Scholars who have taught 600 students in 35 courses.
ISMI offers enriching internships to a select few Emory students every semester
- ISMI conducts Israel education workshops for teachers across the country