About Modern Israel
- Pew Research Center, "Israelis United About Their Country, Divided Over Values and Religion’s Role" March 2016
- City University of London - Department of Sociology Poll: The Attitudes of British Jews Towards Israel November 2015
- Brandeis University Study - "Antisemitism on the college campus: Perceptions and realities," June 2015
Program & Events
- May 25, 2016 -- Professor Ken Stein, "One-State or Two States in the Israeli-Palestinian Arena, or are Neither Possible: What can we Learn from the 1970s Success of Begin, Sadat, and Carter?" Centre Communautaire Laic Juif, Brussels, Belgium
- May 26, 2016 -- Professor Ken Stein, "Changing Middle East and the US Administration: An American Perspective," Delegation for relations with Israel, European Parliament, Brussels, Belgium
- May 30, 2016 -- Professor Ken Stein, "Israel’s relevance in the Jewish world in the 21st century," Jewish Community in Milan, Italy
- May 30, 2016 -- Professor Ken Stein, "The British, Arab, Zionist Triangle in Palestine: How did the Zionists succeed in building the nucleus for a state by 1939?" Jewish Community Center, MA students, Milan, Italy
- May 31, 2016 -- Professor Ken Stein, "Israel's Challenges Facing New Middle Eastern Developments," Jewish Community in Rome, Italy
- May 31, 2016 -- Professor Ken Stein, "History, Meaning, and Impact of a One State or Two State Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: A Comparison to the 1970s," Informal Meeting, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Rome, Italy
- June 6, 2016 –- Professor Ken Stein and Rabbi Ellen Nemhauser, "Toronto Rabbinic Israel Enrichment Seminar," Toronto, CA
- June 26-30, 2016, -- 15th annual CIE/ISMI Workshop for pre-collegiate teachers. "History, Culture and Politics of Modern Israel" will be held in Atlanta, GA.
What We Do at ISMI
- Founded in 1998, we are the OLDEST permanent Israel academic center in the United States.
ISMI has supported twelve Israel Visiting Scholars who have taught 600 students in 35 courses.
ISMI offers enriching internships to a select few Emory students every semester
- ISMI conducts Israel education workshops for teachers across the country
Support ISMI and the study of modern Israel at Emory:
Click for donation information, and to learn about the Kenneth W. Stein Professorship for the Study of Modern Israel