Support ISMI and the study of modern Israel at Emory:
About Modern Israel
- Israel Democracy Institute-Guttman Center for Peace: Monthly Peace Index Surveys October 2016
- Pew Research Center, "Israelis United About Their Country, Divided Over Values and Religion’s Role" March 2016
Program & Events
- June 25-29, 2017, The 16th annual CIE/ISMI Workshop for pre-collegiate teachers. "History, Culture and Politics of Modern Israel" Atlanta, GA
November 15, 2016 -- Ken Stein and Ellen Nemhauser, “ISMI and CIE Rabbinic Israel Seminar,” Chicago, IL
November 13, 2016 -- Ken Stein, Interview with Rabbi Daniel Gordis, "A Concise History of Modern Israel," Atlanta Jewish Book Festival, Atlanta, GA.
November 13, 2016 -- Ken Stein, “The Impact of Israel on American Jewry: since the June 1967 War,” Dedication of the Muhlenberg College Lefflell Jewish Center, Allentown, PA
What We Do at ISMI
- Founded in 1998, we are the OLDEST permanent Israel academic center in the United States.
ISMI has supported twelve Israel Visiting Scholars who have taught 600 students in 35 courses.
ISMI offers enriching internships to a select few Emory students every semester
- ISMI conducts Israel education workshops for teachers across the country