Support ISMI and the study of modern Israel at Emory:
About Modern Israel
ISMI Featured Docments:
On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the signing of the Oslo Accords, September 13, 1993, an agreement between Israel and the PLO that spelled out potential Palestinian self-rule, scholars and diplomats who worked back then have written dozens of articles, published interviews, and participated in video documentaries praising and criticizing the Accords (a partial listing of those publications maybe found on the CIE site in contemporary readings for August and September 2018).
Click here for more Camp David primary sources
Surveys and Polls
- Israel Democracy Institute-Guttman Center for Peace: Monthly Peace Index Surveys August 2018
- Israel Democracy Institute-Guttman Center for Peace: Monthly Peace Index Surveys July 2018
- Israel Democracy Institute-Guttman Center for Peace: Monthly Peace Index Surveys June 2018
- Pew Research Center, “Republicans and Democrats Grow Even Further Apart in Views of Israel, Palestinians," January 2018
Program & Events
- November 9-11, 2018 -- ISMI@20, Anniversary Celebration, Atlanta, GA
- November 9, 2018 -- Professor Asher Susser, "Consequences for Middle Eastern States Since the Arab Spring," 12:00pm, Emory University, Anthropology 303, Atlanta, GA
- October 23, 2018 -- Rich Walter, "The Art of Israel Advocacy: Encountering and Responding to BDS," Congregation Etz Chaim, Marietta, GA
- October 21, 2018 -- Ken Stein, "Owning Israel's Story: Self-determination Through the Sources," Jewish Agency for Israel, Jerusalem, Israel
- September 19, 2018 -- Ken Stein, "40th Anniversary of the Camp David Accords," Temple Emmanuel, Atlanta, Ga
- Founded in 1998, we are the OLDEST permanent Israel academic center in the United States.
ISMI has supported 13 Israel Visiting Scholars who have taught 645 students in 37 courses.
ISMI offers enriching internships to a select few Emory students every semester
- ISMI conducts Israel education workshops for teachers across the country