Support ISMI and the study of modern Israel at Emory:
About Modern Israel
Program & Events
- June 25-29, 2017, The 16th annual CIE/ISMI Workshop for pre-collegiate teachers. "History, Culture and Politics of Modern Israel" Atlanta, GA
June 15, 2017 -- Ken Stein, "The June 1967 War: A Retrospective," Jewish Breakfast Club, Atlanta, GA
June 13, 2017 -- Ken Stein, "US-Israel Relations: Presidents and Prime Ministers," Association for Israel Studies, Boston, MA
June 11, 2017 -- Ken Stein, "Learning and Teaching the June 1967 War," Jewish Council for Public Affairs, New York, NY
- June 9-10 -- Eli Sperling, "Shabbat Music and Learning about Issues Facing Israeli Society Today: A Weekend of Singing and Learning with the Temple Atlanta's 2017 Adult Trip to Israel," Mitzpeh Ramon, Israel
- June 7, 2017 -- Eli Sperling, "The Proliferation of Zionism and Hebrew Music in the US During the 1920s, 30s, and 40s," Ben-Gurion Institute for the Study of Israel and Zionism, Beer-Sheva, Israel
What We Do at ISMI
- Founded in 1998, we are the OLDEST permanent Israel academic center in the United States.
ISMI has supported twelve Israel Visiting Scholars who have taught 600 students in 35 courses.
ISMI offers enriching internships to a select few Emory students every semester
- ISMI conducts Israel education workshops for teachers across the country