About Modern Israel
- Pew Research Center, "Israelis United About Their Country, Divided Over Values and Religion’s Role" March 2016
Program & Events
- June 25-29, 2017, The 16th annual CIE/ISMI Workshop for pre-collegiate teachers. "History, Culture and Politics of Modern Israel" Atlanta, GA
October 14, 2016 – Rich Walter, “A Brief History of Israel,” 8:30 a.m., Georgia Council for the Social Studies’ Annual Conference, 300 N Thomas St, Athens, GA 30601
- October 13, 2016 – Ken Stein, “A Historical Perspective on the Arab-Israeli Conflict and Peace Process,” 12:45 p.m., Georgia Council for the Social Studies’ Annual Conference, 300 N Thomas St, Athens, GA 30601
- October 7, 2016 -- Eli Sperling, "The Well Musical Service for Young Professionals," Friday, 8:00pm, The Temple, 1589 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta
- October 5, 2016 -- Ken Stein, “Israel on Campus: A Community Forum Led by Emory Professor Ken Stein,” 7 p.m., The Weber School, 6751 Roswell Road, Atlanta, GA
What We Do at ISMI
- Founded in 1998, we are the OLDEST permanent Israel academic center in the United States.
ISMI has supported twelve Israel Visiting Scholars who have taught 600 students in 35 courses.
ISMI offers enriching internships to a select few Emory students every semester
- ISMI conducts Israel education workshops for teachers across the country
Support ISMI and the study of modern Israel at Emory: